Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability
In 2020, Sonder established a dedicated Sustainability, Partnerships and Social Impact function that supports, advises and provides best practices on responsible business practices across the organization. As a rapidly expanding business, Sonder understands the importance of adopting responsible business practices and has taken deliberate steps to consider integrating crucial aspects into its business and how it will measure and transparently report ESG information to investors in the future, including taking deliberate steps to begin Sustainable Accounting Standards Board data collection and measurement for future disclosure to investors.
Sonder’s ESG goal is to foster the social, environmental and economic well-being of the communities it calls home. To do this, Sonder is developing business practices through a “People and Planet” framework. This framework illustrates Sonder’s commitment to its employees and guests, to the communities in which it operates, and to minimizing its environmental footprint.
Our growing commitments to People & Planet
Our commitment to the core of our business; our employees & guests. We are proud that the Sonder community values every person by prioritizing diversity, belonging, growth, safety, mental and physical health.
Our commitment to the environment and minimizing our footprint. At Sonder we recognize that our choices have an impact. We strive to preserve the Earth’s natural systems through a continuous drive towards sustainability.
Responsible business highlights
Our initial efforts include, among others:
- Launched our DEI initiative focused on employee and guest policies.
- Establishing a voting policy granting time-off to our employees to allow them to engage in local U.S. elections.
- Establishing Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), also known as Sonder Circles.
- Instituting our Volunteer Time Off (VTO) Policy as an employee benefit to facilitate employee volunteering.
- Developing a decarbonization roadmap.
- Establishing a waste minimization and mitigation strategy.
- Defining a plan to conserve water.
- Determining ways in which we will report against the standards set by the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) for sustainability reporting and investor requested climate disclosures.
- Committing to eliminate all single-use plastic amenity items in guest units across our global portfolio